This bio is not to lay out any of my training or have a go at nailing a perfect description of myself and convince you of my qualifications... I mean, if we were to work together is that the person you'd really be hiring? You've made it this far, I assume you think proper photographs can be taken.
Instead, I'll quickly say something on the theme that most closely resembles me.
"My Many Lives".
If a tag line summed me up, that's it. It came from the philosophy I'll always try to live by, "die having experienced as many things as you possibly can."
Here's a short list of a few experiences that make me who I am:
- Been to every state.
- Lived in an RV with my family at 8.
- Took my first steps the same day Armstrong walked (or faked it, depending how crazy you are) the lunar surface.
- Grew up on a sheep farm.
- Fell in love with photography by accident, via skateboarding.
- Am half Australian.
- Been a whitewater river guide, a movie projectionist (when they used film), worked in a charcoal factory, and managed a 28 acre peach orchard at age 14.
- I’m in the DGA (Director’s Guild of America).
- Been on a gondola evacuation crew.
- I’ve been back to school to learn to write screenplays.
- Love drag queens.
- Punk rock saved me.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show was my prom night.
- Lost my virginity at age 22.
- I blew up my country club pool with things “curated” from chemistry class.
- Been snowboarding since before they were allowed at resorts, and skating since it was dangerous to be seen with one.
- Played soccer my whole life, got a scholarship, joined the military instead (partly just to piss off my parents).
- Nature is the shit, dad started me camping when I was 3.
- Had gallery shows with idols I thought I would never even cross paths with.
- Skating, snowboarding, surfing, road trips where things get unfamiliar and remote are my favorite.
- Worked for Burton snowboards for years as a traveling photographer.
- Had photos published in a few of my favorite magazines ever.
- Road trips, the outdoors, and photography are the loves of my life.
- Freelance since 1995...
- Done tons of stupid, silly shit that I wouldn’t change and managed to stay alive.
I could keep going but that's for tomorrow. Life isn't to be figured out, you live it. At least that's this one guy's opinion, and I feel it comes through in my work.
If I died right now I'd die happy. Can you say the same? The plan is to keep going with so many great things out there to shoot, to make, pools to blow up, and more silly shit to get into.